Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist in Southampton, PA
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy can regulate hormonal imbalances in the body along with several other health concerns. Learn more about the Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and its benefits at En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness Center. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966.
Table of Contents:
Bio-identical hormones are synthetically produced hormones identical to the hormones that naturally occur in the body. Some common bio-identical hormones include testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy also referred to as BHRT, is the use of natural bio-identical hormones to treat symptoms of menopause and hormone-related disorders, such as hypoestrogenism and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). When prescribed and administered by a qualified medical professional, bio-identical hormones can help relieve symptoms of menopause and bring hormone levels back into balance.
Bio-identical hormones are hormones that are identical to the ones that are naturally produced in the body. While they are used to treat various endocrine disorders, menopause is one of the most common conditions treated with BHRT, as it can address symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, sleep disruptions, and other symptoms of menopause. Bio-identical hormones are also used to help women who are going through the menopause transition and are having difficulty with these symptoms.
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, or BHRT, is the treatment of choice for many men and women suffering from hormone-related conditions, such as menopause, hypothyroidism and low testosterone. People who can benefit the most from bio-identical hormone replacement therapy include those who are struggling with any of the following symptoms:
• Weight gain
• Mood swings
• Hot flashes
• Vaginal dryness
• Night sweats
• Low energy levels
• Memory loss
• Difficulty sleeping
• Decreased interest in sex
Hormones aid in the regulation of a wide range of bodily functions, including:
• Body development and growth
• Stress levels and the usual mood
• Body temperature
• Metabolism and appetite
• Heart rate
• Sleeping pattern
• Reproductive cycles and sexual function
Therefore, if an individual is living with a hormonal imbalance, they may experience disruptions in any of these functions. This may manifest as:
• Frequent need to urinate
• Constant and unabating thirst/feelings of dehydration
• Constant and insatiable hunger
• Decreased sex drive
• Feeling lonely and depressed
• Nervousness, anxiety, or irritability
• Blurred vision
• Thinning hair or fine, brittle hair
• Dry skin
• Puffy face
• Rounded face
• Purple or pink stretch marks
• Weight gain
• A hump of fat between the shoulders
• Unexplained, and sometimes sudden weight loss
• Frequent fatigue and daytime tiredness
• Muscle weakness
• Muscle aches, tenderness, and stiffness
• Pain, stiffness, or swelling in joints
• Increased or decreased heart rate
• Profuse sweating/cold sweats
• Increased sensitivity to cold or heat
• Constipation or more frequent bowel movements
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy provides a long list of incredible benefits, including:
• The Hormones Used in BHRT Are Sustainably and Ethically Sourced — Many synthetic hormone treatments rely on animal products, but bioidentical hormones are derived from plants, which means that no animals are harmed in the production of BHRT.
• Effectively Reduce Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms — Because the hormones are biologically identical to the ones that naturally occur in the body, they are readily available by the body and effectively mitigate symptoms of a hormonal imbalance.
• Protect Against Underlying Dangers — The effects of a hormone deficiency can slowly cause structural and functional changes that increase the risk for certain chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Hormone therapy may offer protection against these health conditions as it works to address the underlying causes.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, visit the professionals at En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness Center. For more information, call us today or book an appointment with our bio-identical hormone replacement therapy specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Southampton PA, Willow Grove PA, Horsham PA, Levittown PA, and Warminster PA.