Premature Ejaculation Treatment Specialist in Southampton, PA
If you have frequent premature ejaculations and it’s affecting your relationship, contact us to see premature ejaculation treatment specialists at En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966.
Table of Contents:
Men can face a number of different sexual health problems, many of which are in relation to ejaculation. In order for sexual intercourse to be fulfilling for both partners, ejaculation must occur at the right time; not too early and not too late. Men experiencing problems with ejaculation, particularly when it occurs too early, can consult a premature ejaculation treatment specialist. These medical professionals are the foremost specialist in treating dysfunctions related to ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation is a sexual dysfunction characterized by climaxing too early, often soon after initiating sexual activity. Premature ejaculation can prevent partners from being intimate, and can place a great deal of stress on one’s relationship. If a man ejaculates shortly after becoming aroused, he should seek the help of a premature ejaculation treatment specialist. Most men experience premature ejaculation at least once throughout their lives, but it may be diagnosed as a condition if the person:
• Ejaculates within one minute of penetration
• Is unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse
• Feels distressed and frustrated
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, you may have premature ejaculation. It is important to see a professional for a diagnosis; they can also help to develop a treatment plan that uniquely addresses your specific concerns.
Premature ejaculation is a common condition; it affects about ten percent of the male population. This equates to approximately 12 million Americans. However, many different studies that have researched the prevalence of premature ejaculation have returned inconsistent results, with some presenting numbers as low as three percent of the population, and others stating a commonness in the majority. What is interesting to note is that in self-reported studies, without considering medical conditions or overall health, the percentage of men that considered themselves premature ejaculators were between seven and sixty-four percent, a massive discrepancy.
While the exact cause of premature ejaculation is not well-understood, doctors now know premature ejaculation involves a complex interaction of both biological and psychological factors.
Psychological causes include:
• Early sexual experiences
• Sexual abuse
• Poor body image
• Worrying about premature ejaculation
• Guilt that increases tendency to rush sex
Biological causes include:
• Abnormal hormone levels
• Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters
• Inflammation/infection of the prostate or urethra
• Inherited traits
Other factors that play a role include:
• Erectile Dysfunction — Men who are anxious about obtaining or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse might develop a pattern of hurried ejaculation, which can be difficult to overcome.
• Anxiety — Many men with premature ejaculation also have problems with anxiety, which can be specifically related to sexual performance or any other issue.
• Relationship Problems — It is possible that interpersonal issues between partners are contributing to the problem, especially if the person has had satisfying sexual relationships with other partners in which premature ejaculation was not previously a problem.
Yes, doctors can help with premature ejaculation. A medical professional who specializes in male sexual health can utilize a number of different modalities that can effectively address concerns related to premature ejaculation. One of the most effective approaches used to treat premature ejaculation is counseling, as well as behavioral techniques, as these options are noninvasive and come with no side effects or dangerous risks.
If you or someone you love is affected by premature ejaculation, the professionals at En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness can help. For more information, call us today or book an appointment with our premature ejaculation treatment specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Southampton PA, Willow Grove PA, Horsham PA, Levittown PA, and Warminster PA.