Sexual Health Specialist in Southampton, PA
At En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness Center, we offer treatment for men and women of all ages with sexual health concerns. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966.
Table of Contents:
A sexual health specialist is a healthcare professional who specializes in providing confidential, evidence-based care for individuals who have concerns or problems related to sexuality and/or sexual health. Sexual health care can help individuals prevent and manage sexual health problems, such as unplanned pregnancies, sexually transmitted infections, and contraception. Sexual health care is a very important part of a person’s overall health, and it should be sought out when needed. At a sexual health clinic, specialists can help their patients navigate the complexities of sexual health, as well as provide them with the information, education, and resources they need to get the most out of their sexual health care.
Sexual health is about maintaining the physical, mental and social wellbeing of oneself and one’s sexual partners, free from barriers such as discrimination, violence, and stigma. It is also about being able to make informed decisions about one’s body and sexuality; being comfortable with one’s body, and enjoying sexuality without harmful practices. In simplest terms, sexual health is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality. It is not just about having sex—it is about feeling good about one’s body and one’s own sexual desires, regardless of the number of active partners or sex life.
Women can face a number of different sexual health problems; some of the most common include:
• Lack of Sexual Desire — Lack of sexual desire, also known as lack of libido, is quite common among women of all ages. While it is least common between the ages of 20 to 24, it still affects over ten percent of this demographic.
• Lubrication Issues — Lubrication difficulties, such as those related to vaginal dryness, according to one study, are equally common between the ages of 16 and 49. While the issue commonly affects a wide age range, it is understandably significantly higher after menopause and hormonal changes.
• Painful Sex — Painful sex, or dyspareunia, is characterized by any pain or discomfort during intercourse, which should not normally be present. It is most common in women ages 16 to 19 as well as women over 50; it is less common in women in their 30s and 40s.
Men can experience a wide range of sexual health problems; some of the most common include:
• Premature Ejaculation (PE) — Premature ejaculation is characterized by achieving an orgasm before or too soon after penetration, oftentimes within a minute. It can be frustrating for both partners and has a diverse set of causes, both physical and psychological.
• Erectile Dysfunction (ED) — Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to obtain or maintain an erection long enough for sexual intercourse. ED is quite common, with studies showing that about one-half of the male population in the United States over age 40 is affected. ED can be caused by a number of different factors and conditions, including diseases affecting blood flow such as hardening of the arteries; nerve disorders; stress; depression; injury to the penis; chronic illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure; and unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking too much alcohol, overeating and lack of exercise.
There are a number of signs and symptoms that indicate when a person should seek care for a sexual health problem. These may include:
• Struggling with symptoms for months
• Symptoms negatively affect the ability to be intimate
• Little to no sexual desire
• Trouble becoming or staying aroused
• Inability to achieve orgasm
• Takes longer/shorter to climax than desired
• Sex does not feel fully satisfying
• Sexual pain during intercourse
For all of your sexual health-related needs, trust the specialists at En Vogue IV Therapy & Wellness Center. For more information, call us today or book an appointment with our sexual health specialist for both men and women, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 44 2nd St Pike Suite 303 Southampton, PA 18966. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Southampton PA, Willow Grove PA, Horsham PA, Levittown PA, and Warminster PA.